Dog arthritis signs and alternative solutions
Arthritis in dogs is increasing as our dogs live longer. Arthritis affects one in five adult dogs, and a full 80 percent of dogs who are 8 years old or older! It hurts to stand, sit, jump, or turn your head. This leads to being more sedentary and lethargy. The pain might make your dog more irritable. Conventional medicine considers arthritis a chronic disease that progresses and has no cure but which can be managed with symptom-suppressing drugs and other therapies. Holistic veterinarians manage arthritis in dogs with diet, nutritional supplements, medicinal herbs, and a variety of noninvasive treatments, many of which dog lovers can provide at home.
Common signs that your dog is dealing with pain or arthritis:
- Limping - One of the most straightforward symptoms of pain is limping. This can be a sign of injury, sore paw, or even a reaction to the pain associated with arthritis.
- Verbalization - The closest thing to speaking for a dog is whining and whimpering, and a dog who cries out in pain is trying to tell you that something hurts bad. Carefully examining your dog’s body may help you discover the area of pain. A dog who’s usually vocal may become quiet when they’re in pain, which is why it’s important to be familiar with your dog’s normal behavior. Changes in how often your dog barks, whines, or makes other vocalizations can definitely be a sign that something is wrong.
- Loss of Appetitie - If a dog is hurting, they’re less likely to eat normally. Watch for loss of appetite that might indicate pain from a stomach ailment, oral discomfort, or other conditions (i.e. vomiting, excessive drooling, diarrhea).
- Panting - Excessive panting, especially when accompanied by trembling, can be a signal that your dog is in pain.
- Change in Sleep Habits - A dog in pain is going to be restless and unable to get a good night of rest.
- Changes in Behavior and Temperament - Dogs suffering in pain will become grouchy and may be more prone to be aggressive, especially when touched in an area that hurts.
If your dog is dealing with chronic pain or arthritis K9 Revive has alternative solutions to help!
- K9 Revive Dog Supplement has proven to deliver results with dogs dealing with arthritis and pain. The reason our proprietary supplement works so well with joint pain is because our proprietary formula possesses potent properties for immune, inflammatory, and oxidative stresses. This study shows the way for new possible strategies to treat cartilage diseases like Rheumatoid Arthritis.
- PEMF (Pulsed Electromagnet Field) therapy has been extensively researched for arthritis since more than 2 decades. PEMF therapy benefits arthritis due to the ability to decrease pain and increase mobility in the joints. One study was done at Yale University in 1993, a double blind, placebo-controlled pilot study1 involving 27 people with OA of the knee. It showed that those who got 18 half-hour treatments had an average improvement of 23 to 61 percent in pain, joint tenderness and discomfort. The placebo group getting fake treatments had only two to 18 percent improvement. The next study from 1999, with 167 patients with OA of the knee or cervical spine showed similar, significant improvements.
Conclusive Evidence of Effectiveness of PEMF for Arthritis & Bone Health: Rapid regeneration of bones and cartilages occurs with regular use of PEMF therapy for Arthritis along with appropriate nutrition and supplements. Chronic joint and bone problems start reversing and users report being able to be their younger selves again.
For more information about our K9 Revive Dog Supplement or PEMF (30 Minute Session or Purchase PEMF "Mini") go to our website at www.k9revive.com
Continued health to all our dogs!